Yes, the presidential election is very near; however, it’s time to perform your civic duty for the Direct Marketing Association of Washington (DMAW) and vote for the 2013-2014 Board of Directors. The board plays an important role in advancing direct marketers’ overall success by leading the DMAW’s programs, conferences and educational opportunities for its members.
For more than 56 years, the DMAW, a volunteer-driven organization, has promoted networking among its members, supported education and study, and encouraged high ethical standards from those in the direct marketing industry. While the majority of members are from the Washington, D.C. area, there are many members throughout the United States.
We’re proud that our very own Sean Powell is a new board candidate, and Elise Buck, who conducts new business development for MMI Direct (a member of the PMG family), is up for re-election. Sean and Elise are among an impressive group of direct marketing professionals, all of whom have been serving on committees within DMAW during the last year, or, in some cases, even longer. We thank all of them for their time and commitment to our industry.
Members up for Re-election:
1. Elise Buck, Business Development, MMI Direct
2. Jim Chmielewski, Vice President, Client Services, Public Interest Communications
3. Kristin McCurry, Principal, MINDset direct
New Board Candidates:
1. Dennis Ashcraft, ColorTree Group
2. Margaret (Meg) Dawes, Webb Mason
3. Carol Dixon, Concord Litho
4. Christopher Johns, Shift Digital
5. Peter Maaseide, L&E Meridian
6. Mark Mitchell, SD&A Teleservices
7. Sean Powell, The Engage Group
8. Jeff Thomas, ProList
You can read more about each candidate here.
Your Official Ballot from the DMAW awaits you in your Inbox, and you have until October 26 to cast your vote. Take a few minutes to perform your civic duty for the DMAW. Make an impact!